Today we are having Spring 2.0, and hopefully it will stick around longer than Spring 1.0 did. It's cool but nice outside, and the biting wind from the weekend seems to be gone. Of course it's supposed to rain tonight, and maybe tomorrow morning (I keep hearing intermittent thunder, but it's still sunny at the moment) so all is not perfect. But it will do.

I think my lemon balm just might return from the dead; I started breaking off the dead branches from last year and did see a tiny bit of green. Unfortunately, since the apple mint got slightly hit, I won't be selling it at a yard sale on Saturday. In fact, I'm not planning to have one at all. I'm going to post auctions (I have a bid on my psaltry, which is a relist, and much cheaper than what I bought it for (let's just say it was an impulse buy despite the fact that I swore I thought about it) and clean, plant seeds, and write.

It is so nice to come home to a clean entry room and kitchen. The living room doesn't look that bad either; I did get some things done in it Monday. And the Green Room isn't bad, it just needs to shed some toys, if you ask me.

I'm also going to have to do a moratorium on news, I think; this constant coverage of the VT massacre is getting just as bad as 9/11. I have a bad habit of frequently checking CNN at work, and that will have to stop. So I will go cold turkey for a while. I'm going to miss NPR. (Except for the political news; they do get a bit bogged down with that.)

What happened is a tragedy, yes. But the constancy of the coverage is appalling, in my opinion. Not that I'm surprised; that's actually one of the themes of the next Jacob Lane book, which I'm writing now.

Comments

Popular Posts