Someone in the neighborhood shot something (or someone, I guess! Ack!) last night--two gunshots in about 45 minutes. I seriously didn't expect to see Cleo this morning, but she was present and accounted for and whining because I was late to bring Her Majesty her breakfast.

It could have been a neighbor aiming at the possum, or even one of the other stray cats, since only Hodge was there this morning. (Hodge is always there. He is a fixture now, I think.) But I didn't get to sleep until way past midnight. ARGH.

(And despite the fact that we live out in the 'country', you just don't go shooting your rifle or whatever it was after 10pm and again after 11pm just for the heck of it. Sheesh!!)

But it didn't rain last night either, so I guess I will have to mow today. Darn it all. Before I do that, though, I still have a couple minor things to finish up in the kitchen, and then I have to finish up the entry room as well. Then the dew should be dried enough to get the mower out and see if it even works!

Comments

Popular Posts