Oh, and just for the weird factor, I keep getting emails from this guy at my gmail address. He seems to think I'm his sister Jen, which I'm not, and when I emailed him back to let him know he had the wrong Jen, he didn't believe me!

He has emailed me twice since then, and I haven't responded. Other than ignoring him indefinitely, does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

And I forgot to mention Mom's great April Fool's joke that really wasn't an April Fool's joke at all. Yesterday, Mom walked upstairs to change her shoes when she found a five foot long rat snake stretched out across the landing. Upstairs, yes. Dad didn't believe her at first when she yelled out the window that there was a snake on the landing, but that didn't last long. The snake crawled under a wardrobe, wrapped itself around Mom's hand tight enough to cut off the circulation, and then crawled into a bag, where it was captured.

Since we went out to eat with Mom and Dad last night, they kept it long enough to show Ethan, who said he didn't like snakes, only frogs and salamanders. But I think he was impressed--if not scared--by such a big and beautiful snake.

This was probably the Basement Snake, deciding it wanted a change of scenery. What's funny is that my sister slept in the bedroom right past the landing just the other night, and Dad or Mom could have easily stepped on it in the middle of the night.

Okay, maybe that's not so funny. I like snakes just fine, but that would have freaked me out.

Mom's been finding some weird stuff in their house lately. What with the bat in the washer the week before last, and now the snake... I told her not to say "What next?" but she did. (Hopefully she didn't jinx herself.)

Comments

Popular Posts