I had to go to the grocery store this afternoon, and on the way I listened to NPR for a bit. They had a lady who cares for and raises orphaned and wounded birds on, and as I sat in the parking lot to listen to the rest of her story about a starling who could say "Mommy" among other things, I noticed that the lady in the car beside me was also sitting in her car listening to the radio. At the very same moment I turned off my radio and got out of my car, she turned off her radio and got out of her car. We didn't speak, but I can only wonder if we were both waiting to hear the end of the same story. :)

I sowed the rest of the seeds that needed to be sown this afternoon when I got home from work. Mabel helped. Kind of. She supervised, at least. So that means all I have left are the melons and squash seeds, which can be sown around Earth Day, and I have to decide whether or not to plant the Malabar Spinach straight out, or start the seed now.

I also got my seeds from Seeds of Change, except for my sunflower seeds, which have been backordered. I'm really disappointed in this, because I wanted to order extra sunflower seeds this year, and now I'm not going to be able to sow them everywhere unless I buy them locally. I guess I'll see what the Feed Store has the next time I need cat food.

After a bit of sorting, I did order some clothes online yesterday. Mostly short-sleeved shirts, because I really like the ones I got from Sears last year, but the other ones I got at the same time shrank a bit and they are really too short. So I ordered a couple more of the longer ones, which are still a reasonable price of $4.99. That's Goodwill pricing, so I'm happy about that.

I can't remember if there was anything else that I wanted to post. Hmm. If I remember, I'll add it here, or post something new, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular Posts