I've been making oatmeal in my rice cooker for breakfast. Not every morning, but pretty close; I can also make it the night before and warm it up in the morning, but it's really great hot and fresh.

To the plain oatmeal, I've added just a small amount of brown sugar, and then I put about a handful of frozen raspberries on top (or blueberries, or blackberries, or whatever I have on hand.) I mush them down a bit into the hot oatmeal, and by the time I carry my bowl over to the table to eat my breakfast, they are thawed enough to eat.

It's delicious.

Today when I went to the Amish store, I bought evaporated cane sugar (organic, even, and not that expensive) that I will use in place of brown sugar to see how it tastes), and also bulgar wheat. I also have steel cut oats to try in the rice cooker; I'd like to see how long it takes, considering the time involved to cook it on the stovetop.

Hmm, this recipe looks yummy.

Comments

Popular Posts