Day 32 today, and I'm taking the evening off to write. I'm going to fold the rest of the laundry, but I'm not touching the basement tonight. So there. And I'm going to write at least six hours on Saturday or Sunday in one block of time. Probably Saturday. I should be able to get a lot done.

Anyway... Chris is headed down to Cincy this weekend (again) to do more stuff for his dad. Hopefully it won't rain this weekend! They didn't get much done last weekend, evidently.

And I'm not cooking supper tonight. Chris has his council meeting, and he said he'd start cooking when he got home. Another good thing. :)

I have a thought...

I'm an "Out of sight, out of mind" type of person. If I don't write things down and keep them in view, they go right out of my head and never return. Well, not really never to return. I'll remember, but it will usually be too late.

My dental insurance thing for work was something like that. I filled out the form and sent it in the day I got the packet, but of course didn't remember that I had already filled it out. So since I had April 30 in my head for it to be due, I searched around for the form, didn't find it, and finally had to ask someone. *g*

I think that's why my desk is always so cluttered. Everything on it is current, but of course the clutter makes it so these important items, whatever they may be, are out of sight, making them out of mind. Oh, in the back of my mind I'll know they're there and need to be done, but if I don't *see* them, I kind of ignore them.

In truth, my true leaning for organization is organized chaos. I've succeeded that way almost twice. The first time, the space limits out-did my efforts. The second time, I started selling things and couldn't remember what was left, and then when I started moving things around, I couldn't remember where I'd put one thing or another, which led to even more chaos. It is not a pretty way to live, believe me.

Right now, I'm working towards having a good system in place that works for me. My system might not be the most time-efficient system or the best one out there, but if the end result works (meaning, can I find any one thing in less than five minutes without having to unpack six different boxes to get to it?) then I will stick with that.

The problem is all the stuff I no longer want. To make this work, I almost have to get rid of the STUFF first, and then work with what's left. That's why I started to pack up the stuff I was keeping, so I didn't have two different things going at once. I still think this is a good idea, and the stuff is mostly still packed. I will work on packing more this weekend.

My end result should be something like this: All fiction books upstairs in bookcases. Preferably in the bedroom. The only books left downstairs should be the magazines I'm saving and the two sets of poetry/story books that I have no room for upstairs, and the craft books.

All story stuff should be up in the office. Failing that, I should have all finished, sold, or old story stuff down the basement in a safe spot. Eventually, I will go through the story stuff and get rid of the multiple copies of the same thing.

All craft supplies should be organized, and put in the drawers-on-wheels or something else. All of my fabric is already sorted, so I don't have to worry about that.

All auction/goodwill stuff will be gone from the basement. Either sold or given to Goodwill. And in all honesty, that has to happen first before the rest of the house can fall into place.

So. That's the goal, and that's what I'll be doing. Wish me luck. :)

Comments

Popular Posts