Umm, scratch that. How's this sound?

3. Finish Heart's Desire this weekend. Current wordcount: 63750. I can easily get to 65k tonight, no sweat. Maybe even more, depending on what else I get done.

I am going to be very optimistic and project the finishing wordcount between 78-80k. Maybe a bit more than that.

A snippet:

Sarah heard Lucas chanting behind them, and his voice wove into the background with the quiet movements of the Hounds and Michael's steady breathing. She closed her eyes.

After a little while, she realized she heard someone speaking, as if from very far away. Sarah concentrated on the voice, but she could not make out any words, just a sense of urgency in its tone. She tried to open her eyes, but she couldn't seem to move. The buzzing tingled across her whole body now, blocking her ears to sound and her mind to anything but the sparks of pain from the connection.

The voice grew louder, but she still could not make out the words. Something bumped into her back and threw her off balance. Tib yowled in her ear. And the buzzing vanished as the connection severed.

Sarah blinked and focused on a blade of grass an inch away from her nose. A hound whined above her, and a cold nose snuffled across her neck. Her fingers twitched with residual energy.

Tib yowled again, right in her ear. Sarah blinked. She saw Michael a few feet away, still unresponsive but not as pale. Gabriel sat on his other side, nursing a well-clawed hand.

Sarah saw the flash of Tib's claws as he prepared to bloody her into consciousness and raised her head to fend him off.

"I'm... I'm awake. You don't have to disfigure me, Tib." Sarah sat up, reeled for a moment, then leaned against a tree. "Ouch. My head hurts."

"As it well should," Lucas said from the other side of the clearing. "You nearly died."

"I thought you said it would work if Gabriel and I..."

"Yes, at full strength, perhaps, but neither of you are at full strength," Lucas said. "I'm almost finished. Just wait for me there."


And we continue...

Comments

Popular Posts