The Chocolate & Romance program is definitely decadent. Whoa. There were 26 adult entries and 5 YA entries. And we had to taste them all.

There was no panel this time, which was kind of nice, because I got to talk to my fellow authors (Rosemary Laurey and Tina Morgan, among others) more this time. And I got to thank Rosemary for lighting the fire, so to speak--at our last program at that library, we had a conversation about naughty romances *g* and she lit the fire to pave the way to Counting the Stars. So it was nice to tell her that I'd sold it.

The winning entries were my favorites, and they were all delicious. I really want the recipes. So I guess that means I have to come back next year, if only for the recipes of this year's winners. Darn. :)

But I will say that I started out eating rather largish pieces (like a whole cookie for #1) and by the end I was taking the barest of sliver to taste. And I didn't want to look at chocolate by the end of the evening. Whew.

I got there early enough to eat at Der Dutchman, and that helped my headache a bit, but I was exhausted by the time I came home.

Comments

Popular Posts