Posting this here as well:

Someone on a list--can't remember which one, hence the cc's--said something about response times that got me to thinking, so I opened up the spreadsheet I keep my submissions in and did a couple of quick calculations.

Out of 13 submissions since July 02 (when I started to keep track of submissions):

3 have been withdrawn:

1 to Double Dragon Publishing (This one really makes me wonder. I got a response in September 02 saying they had it, and would reply soon, and then nothing. Multiple queries over the course of a year to the submission address received no reply. I finally pulled it last summer, because they were obviously not going to reply to any of my email queries. Needless to say, that's made me very hesitant to submit to them again, even though I have heard lots of good things about them. Anyone who may be able to shed some light on this, please email me privately.)

1 to Jintsu--market on hiatus.

1 to Meisha Merlin--overstocked.

------------
2 have been rejected:

1 by Ellora's Cave-- Response Time (RT) 3 weeks
1 by Realms of Fantasy--RT 1 1/2 months

-------------
4 have been accepted:

1 by Jintsu-- RT 2 weeks
1 by Writer's Exchange-- RT 1 month
1 by Twilight Times-- RT 2 1/2 weeks
1 by eXtasy Books-- RT (according to my email time) 1 1/2 hours

-------------
3 outstanding:

2 at Writers-Exchange (since July 03)
1 at Scrybe Press (since Jan. 10, 04)

--------------

Now, obviously, some of these are the same books or stories, resubmitted for whatever reason. But I thought my figures were interesting, especially the response times I've gotten. Which are really good, for the most part. Downright phenomenal in one respect!

Anyone else want to post theirs?

Comments

Popular Posts