Portability, or why I haven't bought a new computer yet...

I've had enough extra money in the savings account to buy a nice new computer for a month or so now, and yet I haven't made the plunge. I started to realize why a week ago when I realized I hadn't hotsynced my Dana in almost a month. And since I hadn't hotsynced, I hadn't turned on the computer upstairs for almost a month.

It seems kind of silly to buy a brand new computer if I'm not going to use it, no?

I mean... once I'm on my own, I will have to have a desktop hooked up to the internet. But now, it seems a bit silly to spend the money. And even though Dad's old computer is, well, old, it works just fine for what I need to do (the only time I use it is for graphic work.)

So I guess I'm going to wait a bit longer. And maybe buy myself one for Christmas--with a CD/R and DVD as well. Unless, of course, Dad's old computer dies, but it shows no sign of stopping. (Old Dells are workhorses!)

But anyway.

Nightshade is past 26k... I'm flying.

Comments

Popular Posts