Rejection-o-rama

Evidently, there's a website devoted to rejection letters. It bills itself as "The writer's and artist's on-line source for misery, commiseration, and inspiration." And you can post your rejection letters there and comment on them.

Some of them are pretty... nasty. Some are quite baffling. And actually, I would be quite pleased to get this one, if only because causing nightmares would be cool...

This one just made me wince, and this one I would have loved to get when I was eleven...

But enough of that. There are more to read through if you're interested.

I haven't gotten a lot of rejection letters in my lifetime (yet), but I've gotten enough of them to not take it personally. And quite a few of these people are taking them personally.

It's like applying for a job, in truth. Only one person can get the job, and most of the time, even though your qualifications might be just as good as the next person, you might not even get an interview. Learn from it and move on.

I borrowed this from Making Light, and I really think everyone needs to read the comments on this particular post (even though there are now over 300 of them!!) because there's some great stuff in there.

Comments

Popular Posts