I did something unusual (at least for me) today. I bought a CD. Now this might not be abnormal for anyone else, but I don't usually buy CDs. CDs aren't like books, although they can be compared to short story collections, I suppose. Very rarely have I bought a CD and liked all the songs on it. (Even with Loreena McKennit, whose music I love. There are songs on the tapes I have that I could definitely do without, and others I can listen to time after time again. Yes, most of what I have are tapes. I haven't upgraded in that department yet, and I honestly don't listen to that type of music much anymore.)

But anyway, so I bought a CD. (Actually, I bought two. I bought the Shrek soundtrack for Ethan so we don't have to watch the movie five times next weekend. He's in love with Hallelujah, (so am I) but even Shrek gets a bit old sometimes.)

What CD did I buy? Sarah McLachlan's new one: Afterglow. I love the song "Fallen", and but I've hesitated buying CDs from her for fear of being disappointed by the other songs. (I really like the one that came out years back... can't remember the title offhand.) So hopefully I won't be disappointed with this one...

(and stupid computer won't play it, damn it. Grrrrr. I'm going upstairs.)

Comments

Popular Posts