After telling us there was a chance of thunderstorms all week, we finally got rain this evening. In truth, I beat it home, because as I drove through New Richmond I noticed the road getting drier and drier. By the time I hit Bethel, there was no sign of the storm, and the same with Georgetown.

However, the humidity had already dropped when I got home. It was 84.4 in the kitchen, of course (that seems to be the temperature when I get home every day), and around 7-something or so, the storm rolled in.

I made Mabel stand out in the rain a bit to cool down. She was not amused, and proceeded to shake off the excess water in the kitchen when she got back in.

I did manage to pull some more weeds, and the one flowerbed is looking not bad. Of course I have loads of work yet to do. Ugh.

Jenny's coming to see the house for the first time tomorrow afternoon, and bringing her boyfriend, too. We're having spaghetti with homemade spaghetti sauce for supper. And salad, of course. I'm going to pull out the spinach because it's starting to bolt, but there will be enough to use.

And tonight I swept the stairs, hallway, living room, green room, and part of the bathroom. Tomorrow I will sweep the entry room and kitchen, and wash the kitchen rugs. (And re-clean off the kitchen table, and hang up my pot rack.) I will also clean the bathroom. I might even sweep the dining room rug if I remember.

The house is still a mess, especially the entry room, but I never said it would be clean, after all. Or finished. ;)

(See, I figured if I didn't invite her over now, she'd never get here because I'd want to wait until I'm 'done'. Since done is such a subjective word, that would pretty much be forever.)

I got quite a bit of writing done today already, and plan on writing some more tonight. I'm not quite sure what direction this version of HD is heading towards, but it's definitely interesting, and I like Sarah better already.

Comments

Popular Posts