Well. It's not quite noon yet and I've already accomplished something today! (I changed the time on this post so the pics would show up below it. So it really wasn't noon when I wrote this. Honest!)

Let me backtrack a bit--

Yesterday was Burlington, so Dad and I went. I did find some bargains: an old cane for $5, a really nice quilt for $15, some fabric on the dollar table--12/$10, another stick bookcase for $10 (I love these, but the prices at Burlington ranged anywhere from $20-$65, and since they would be so easy to make, I have a hard time spending lots of money for one), and a nice oak cabinet for the bathroom (I owe Dad $20 for this since he paid for it.)

And of course, two months after I searched Burlington for a $15-$20 chair, I saw not one, not two, but seven chairs for $20 or under. This happens quite often, really. But since I'd just bought two chairs, I didn't come back with any others, even though it was tempting.

We took Dad out to dinner for Father's Day (I think he liked his candles and his juicer from me and everyone else's gifts as well), and I didn't really get a lot done yesterday, either.

Oh, and after Burlington we stopped at a Farmer's Market, where one lady had hardy hibiscus plants! For cheaper than I bought my first one, even! So I bought two (Well, really five, since one pot has three and one has two), a red yarrow, and creeping rosemary. We'll see if I can keep that rosemary alive, since I don't have all that much luck with rosemary.

Today I decided to make a stab at finishing one side of the flowerbed. There wasn't all that much left to do (Okay, about seven feet by three feet, which is enough) but I have tomatoes and potatoes now to plant as well as the flowers I just bought, so I wanted to get something done. After breakfast, I got dressed and brought Mabel out with me and proceeded to finish one side of the flowerbed. The edges where the flags are still need to be weeded, but the sod is gone. Yay!

This means I only have one flowerbed and a large strip of grass left. Pictures are below this post.

Also on today's agenda is more painting, and planting some of the stuff I bought. I will pot up the annuals as well. Might as well get dirty all at once.

Comments

Popular Posts