Mabel dearest has been allowed in the rest of the house for a week or so now, and so far is doing fine. The only issue is that she constantly pants while in the rest of the house, even if it's cool. Not sure if it's just unfamiliar surroundings or what, but it gets old at times. I'm really not sure what's causing it. But I will keep monitoring her to make sure there's nothing else going on.

It actually rained today. With real raindrops, even! I had to go out and do a little raindance. I'm hoping for more rain tonight. While the rain we got was nice, I'm still going to have to water my plants in the morning if it doesn't rain tonight. Ugh.

I've been busy writing, too. I think I'm on Chapter 6 of the rewrite of HD, and I'm pretty sure I'm over 15k, but not sure how far over. It's going really well so far. Some surprises, which aren't all that surprising, since this is a complete rewrite.

I am going to attempt to insert some of my favorite lines from the prior-final draft of HD so I don't lose them forever. And I'm contemplating posting the previous draft on Pieces of String too Short to Save just so when HD is published you all can see how much it changed en route. But we'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts