Some things that have to change:

1. The humidity. Ugh. Luckily, it looks like we might have a break next week, if the extended forecast doesn't lie.

2. My weight. Either I'm bloated a bit or all my shorts shrunk. I don't understand how I can wear the same size jeans and have the same size shorts not fit. It doesn't make sense. I know I had more than three pairs of shorts last year.

3. The state of my office. I couldn't find anything in here if my life depended on it. Thankfully, it doesn't. Yet.

4. The monetary situation. So far I've managed to come up with everything when I need it and pay all my bills on time, but I'd like a bit of a cushion to work with, darn it all! (Cleaning my office will help this, because after it's cleaned and organized, I will have space to do my crafts to sell.)

5. Did I mention the humidity? I ran the air conditioner for two hours tonight because the break didn't arrive at 7:30 this evening. The green room felt like a freezer, but the kitchen only dropped two degrees. And now it's back up to 84.4, which doesn't bode well for tomorrow. (I turned the air on for Mabel, who was Very Hot because she decided it would be fun to run around outside, despite my advise to the contrary.)


I think even the cats are feeling it now. It's pretty bad when you're drenched in sweat just because you cleaned out the litterboxes. Ugh. (This will be a mantra all summer, I expect. I really don't like summer, other than the tomatoes. I'd much prefer constant spring or fall temperatures. And yet I'm taking a week off work in July to clean my office, which has no air flow at all. I think I'm a bit nuts.)

I rescued a gardenia from Target about a week and a half ago. It's been doing fine, but I just remembered that I needed to water it after it sat in the dining room all week. Well, it's still among us, but it now has spider mites (of course.) So I soaked it with water and tomorrow I will take it outside and drench it with Safer Soap.

Oh, yes. I have ONE orange left on my tree. It's about as big as a largish seed bead at the moment, but still green, so I might just get lucky this time. We'll see. I might end up giving my orange tree some of my Dad's citrus fertilizer to help it out a bit.

I think I'm going to start calling this room the sauna instead of the office. I know part of the problem is because there's so much stuff piled around me, but a big part of the problem is the window that faces west that gets the brunt of the setting sun's heat. I have the glare blocked by a pink and blue mohair blanket (it really looks like stained glass from outside, which is cool) but I still get the heat. I'm am looking at options to cut some of that down, but we'll see. I'm cautious to open the north facing window, because there's a cardinal nest on the downspout right next to that window and I don't really want to disturb the nest.

(If I had close to $10,000 in spending money, I'd just get Spacepak and be done with it. Although that would still make my electric bill rise. Hrm. I guess there's really no good solution, other than to take lots of cold showers.)

One nice thing about the nighttime breeze through my room is that I get to smell my blooming honeysuckle all night long.

Other than that, life goes on.

Comments

Popular Posts