I decided to paint the bookcase this morning. The only problem is that I'm sick and tired of plain painting, and I want to do something a bit... adventurous. So I'm sponging it. We'll see how it works out. (It's painted lavender. I have a choice between the kitchen color of blue (which I'm using on it now), dark blue, really light blue, and white. So I'm sure I can come up with something interesting.)

It's still hot. Ugh.

I got my license plates for my car this morning in five minutes flat! There was no wait at all. Lovely, lovely.

Oh, and do you want a cool treat for your dog? Last night I filled a small plastic container with water, dropped in a few carrots and some ice cubes for interest, and put it in the freezer. This morning, I slid it out of the container and gave it to Mabel in a cake pan. She loves it! I'm thinking of putting in some dried mint, just to see how it works. And I'm going to leave her with one when I go to work tomorrow, so she can cool off during the day. (I'm curious to see how long it takes to melt. That way I know when she'll 'run out' of water tomorrow when I'm at work.)

(Needless to say, there were no accidents this morning, and I only heard her once last night. I'm not sure where she slept--she was in front of the basement door this morning when I came downstairs, but I think I will leave her crate open from now on.)

Oh, and I've let her into the rest of the house twice now, and she's been very good. She even ventured upstairs yesterday. She managed the stairs just fine. Zoey and Chloe weren't too pleased (especially Zoey, of course), but they'll survive.

Comments

Popular Posts