Well, all in all, today wasn't too much of a washout.

I drove down the road to Lowe's to get some heavy-duty garbage bags for the carpet on my front porch, and ended up getting Mabel a fan and two miniature african violets as well. When I got home, I spent a good hour and a half bagging up most of the carpet. (I think I'm up to 18 bags so far, and there's only a little left that needs to be folded small enough to fit in the bags.) So, let's say 21 for a total, but we'll see.

I took five bags out to the garbage tonight. I didn't want to overwhelm the garbage men. :)

I also pulled out the mesculun (sp?) and the spinach that has bolted. That leaves me with romaine lettuce, bibb lettuce, and one other type of spinach that isn't doing too well. I'm contemplating putting my tomatoes in that spot, because the lettuce won't be there all year long. But we'll see.

I didn't mow. I decided to bag carpet instead, and it rained in the middle of the day, too, so I think the grass would have been too wet anyway. (At least that's going to be my excuse.) Perhaps I'll start tomorrow evening if it's not too hot.

Writing-wise, I finished up Chapter 2 and will begin Chapter 3 tonight, I think. I'm not quite sure who should get Chapter 3, but I have a good idea of what happens next. I like the way this version is going so far. It's definitely interesting!

After waffling all day, I did decide to go ahead and work tomorrow. I'm owed 45 minutes anyway from Friday, so I'll probably just leave early tomorrow afternoon, which is definitely okay with me!

(And those in Florida got in the way of Hurricane Arlene, of course. Jessica took my car and left last Thursday for Florida, and it has rained every day since, they tell me. Figures!)

Comments

Popular Posts