This is my 3,005th post!

Ah, spring. It's the time of year (well, this lasts pretty much all summer long) that I hope no one looks at my nails because they are never clean. It's the time of year that I go to work with dirty feet because I was out too late the night before working in the garden. It's the time of year that I try my best to remember--just what did I plant where last year?

It's also the time of year to have the annual "I planted the lettuce" post. I also planted some carrots in one spot there--I have one more variety of lettuce that isn't here yet, so I'll either keep that until later or plant it somewhere else.

Last year, I sowed the seeds on April 2nd, so I am a whole week early this year. (The first year was April 18.)

However, it is almost 80 degrees outside, and way too warm for March. If this is global warming, it needs to stop! I'm wearing jeans and a short sleeved shirt and I'm burning up. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm way out of shape, either.

I dug up part of the big garden for either the potatoes Mom bought or the onions. I'm going to leave it sit for a bit and then chop it up a bit more, unless it rains. At the moment, it doesn't look like it will yet.

(Oh, evidently you can leave comments if it says archived. I tried it last night and it worked. Still don't know why that happens, though. If I have time I will try to find out.)

Comments

Popular Posts