Well, so much for not being there all day.

I didn't mention it, but they also had a semi truck load of cookware stuff from the Home Shopping Network too. Among other things. Something like 27 tables full of stuff. And I do mean full.

I didn't need or get any cookware--it was the HSN brands anyway, and I like mine just fine--but Dad did get a Wolfgang Puck fish poacher and a Juiceman Juicer (the professional version, if that makes a difference.) I got one of these. (A Cuisinart Quiet Pressure Cooker/Steamer) For $15. I do intend to use it (if I can find a manual; I can't seem to find on online so I'll have to call Cuisinart) but if I ever am hard up for cash, I know where it will end up. :)

I did buy the Willcox and Gibbs sewing machine for $30--it needs some help, but it's cute and I might actually get it working, which would be nice. I also got a kitchen cabinet-type cabinet with a glass front for $20--no one was bidding and I snapped it up. I let the other treadle sewing machine go. I really don't have any room for the one I bought. I definitely don't have room for two.

I got a box of cookbooks, with some good ones in there, including a 1953 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and a couple of bread cookbooks too. I got an amber colored bottle for my wine, which I am going to do tomorrow, since one more day isn't going to hurt anything. I got a basket full of lace curtains (still in the packages), tablecloths, and other stuff I'll have to go through.

There was about 1000 pieces of Tupperware at this auction--I'm not kidding, either. Each box went for about $75-$100, which amused the auctioneers to no end, because I don't think they expected it to go that high at all. They probably sold Tupperware for an hour, at least.

All in all, though, it was a good auction. And now I'm weeding my cookbook collection so I can have room for the new cookbooks. *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts