Today I went to the local Kroger, which is right down the road from where I work. (For those of you not in the know, Kroger is a grocery store chain based in Cincinnati.) I wanted to bell Mr. Loki in the hope that he would be less sneaky-able, and that Zoey would be able to hear him coming. (He's not very happy with me at the moment.) So I bought him a collar with a bell. I am so mean.

Then I decided that I needed chocolate. Kroger has an organic/healthy foods section, which is actually growing at a nice clip, and I like to shop in that section to show my support for their attempt at catering to a different sort of consumer. There were some chocolate bars on sale, so I bought two.

And they were the best damned chocolate bars I've ever eaten in my life.

(I should probably say I only ate three small pieces--there would be no way I could eat the whole bar at once.)

Endangered Species Chocolate has quite a few different kinds of chocolate bars and other chocolate candy, but their mission is the cool thing. And since their based in Indiana, surely that counts as local eating, right?! I mean, there are no cocoa plantations in Ohio... I think chocolate shouldn't count, anyway.

But seriously, this is the best chocolate I've ever eaten. I had the Dark Chocolate with Cranberries and Almonds, and I told my coworkers that I could live on this stuff it is so fabulous.

They even have baking chocolate too... Mmmm.

(I'm probably going to order one of the gift sets for gifts for Easter.)

Comments

Unknown said…
Oooh, that sounds yummy.

(The other comments are still 'archived.')
Jennifer said…
(I went back and got more. Their milk chocolate is wonderful too, of course. Their extreme dark chocolate is too extreme for me, (at 80% cocoa) but I'd use it for cooking.)

Popular Posts