Advantages to wireless/DSL:

--I can post while sitting in bed
--I don't have to wait until I get to work to update my virus protection on my netbook
--It's quicker
--Anyone who comes to my house who has a wireless-ready laptop can hook up to the internet
--I can post while sitting out on my front porch
--I am not tied down to my desktop anymore
--I can watch YouTube (okay, that's a stretch, although I watched a sand animation video this evening that was just phenomenal.)
--I can post videos
--I can upload large photos for prints without it taking all day long
--There's less wasted time waiting for internet sites to load
--It wouldn't take me 2 hours to download something

Yay!

So, yes, posting while sitting in bed. Haha. The Verizon website said that due to my location, I would only get 1mbps (1 megabyte per second.) I was getting 50.2 kbps (kilobytes per second), so that would be an improvement even then. However, according to my computer, I am achieving 100mbps on my desktop and 54mbps on my netbook, which is the same speed I get while hooked up to the free wireless at work (Well, not at work, near work, but you get the idea.) I am so not complaining!

And I promise I will not chatter on about this much past this evening. I promise.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Wheee! Yay, wireless! Now the aliens can send you secret messages anywhere... ;)
Jennifer said…
That's right! I'll let you know if I get any. :)
Vicki said…
High speed rules and so does wireless.

Popular Posts