Tonight, I made baked spaghetti and garlic bread for supper. For dessert, I made gingersnaps, because I had a hankering for a cookie that wasn't chocolate chips (because I have no chocolate chips in the house) and I didn't want just plain sugar cookies. Oatmeal cookies would have worked, too, but this looked like an interesting recipe.

Well, they turned out quite nice and tasty, albeit a bit too gingery for my tastes. It's not that they don't taste good--they do. But you can really taste the ginger. Next time I make them--which I will, definitely--I'm going to double the cinnamon, at least. I may even add some vanilla.

After it stopped raining, I ventured out into the blackberries and picked almost a quart. Since I didn't get out there yesterday, I kind of expected a bit more, but that's ok; I'm up to 9 1/2 quarts now, and not complaining one bit.

Comments

Popular Posts