Last year on August 25th, I picked my last four cucumbers. That's not going to happen this year; they are still going strong, albeit a bit slower than they were growing before. Last year on the same day, I picked half a bushel of tomatoes; that's accurate for this year too, even though I'm not using half bushel baskets (not enough room in one for everything!)

At this time in 2007, it was 102 degrees outside at the end of August--thank goodness we're not having that sort of weather this year! My tomatoes weren't bearing very well because of the heat.

In 2006 on August 22nd, I had 20 quarts of tomato juice in the freezer. Now, not all of that was from my tomatoes, so I really don't think I'm far behind. Oh, and I did mention that I intended to "plant more tomatoes" the next year--like maybe 24, tops. Hahaha.

In August of 2005, I had just picked my first two zucchini, but then again, I didn't have the big garden yet, either, and just a couple tomato plants.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I've been enjoying watching your banner year in the garden. :)
Jennifer said…
Especially when it comes to cucumbers! :)

Popular Posts