Tonight's garden haul:

--16 cucumbers *whimper*
--2 1/2lbs. of beans--this is only the purple podded pole beans, the volunteers, the asparagus beans, and the bush beans. I've stopped picking the other pole beans so they can be dried beans.
--one tomato! A large Mortgage Lifter. The slugs had started in on it a little bit, so I couldn't wait for it to ripen the rest of the way. I will eat it tomorrow. There's another paste tomato that is almost ripe--I really didn't expect ripe tomatoes until later in August, but I'm not complaining.
--one large yellow crookneck squash
--two okra pods! Yay, okra!

I didn't pick any zucchini, because I'm leaving them to get big to shred. Although, I really should check the ones out back because they are probably huge by now.

I probably have about 40lbs of cucumbers in my fridge right now. I'm going to try Freezer Cucumbers this weekend and use up as many as I can. (Here's another recipe, too.)

Comments

Popular Posts