The front yard is mown, hopefully for the last time this year. It wasn't as hard as I thought; the grass was really long, but most of it had gone to seed (it doesn't grow very high) so it was actually pretty simple, and yet a very good workout.

I picked up all the walnuts first and still missed some; I bet I have about 10lbs of walnuts in my bag at the moment. That's going to be a fun experiment; I've never actually picked walnuts to use before, and preparing them for use is pretty time-intensive.

I stopped by the garden as I passed by, and I have bunches of peppers to pick. It's also time to pick the dried beans. There are a lot of them. Also, it's time to dig up the sweet potatoes, since the vines are just about dead.

I will mow the backyard (again, hopefully for the last time this year) tomorrow, and also get out into the garden. Otherwise, my day tomorrow will be like my normal day on Sunday, since I watched Elsa all day today. (Well, watching Elsa mostly consists of being amused by Elsa and her antics. And we baked cookies, too! We had a blast.)

I have stir-fry (well, I'm making stir-fry) tonight, thanks to Emily; she brought home radishes, pea shoots, and mushrooms from the Farmer's Market and gave some to me. I'll take that as payment for "watching" (enjoying) Elsa any day. :)

Also, ten years ago today I got married. I can't believe I'm the same person.

Comments

Popular Posts