Today was the official "put the garden to bed day", although there might be one more day if it doesn't frost for a while. I picked a large basket full of shell beans and dried beans, a nice amount of green beans for one last supper, dug up the sweet potatoes (I'm declaring the "sweet potatoes in piles of mulch" idea a success, because I filled up my biggest colander, and one of them is about 14" long), picked the peppers (lots of peppers!) and basically spent an hour and a half out in the garden this morning.

Earlier today, I renewed my drivers license and my license plate tags (I forgot to do it yesterday), and found no line at all at the BMV! I was in and out in ten minutes. Fabulous. I'd even thought ahead and brought a book, because I figured there would be a really long line on a Saturday.

After that, since it was early yet, I stopped in at the local Amish store to stock up on what they have there--great eggs, cheese, some lunchmeat for lunches and suchlike, and the pumpkin bars for my birthday that I intended to buy yesterday but the other store did not have any.

Now, lunchtime, and I have to pack stuff for Burlington tomorrow. I am still trying to decide about a spinning wheel.

Jericho's story, which really needs a name, is currently 15,751 because I had to cut three pages due to venturing down the wrong path for the right reason. :)

Comments

Popular Posts