I neglected to say anything about the last Burlington and can't get my previous post to allow me to add anything at the bottom. Argh.

It was decent, temperature-wise, when we left Sunday morning, but the wind picked up by the time we set up, and it got cold. Really cold. Like, everyone was walking about in blankets, cold. However, the sun came out eventually and it warmed up and while Dad had a decent day, I didn't make much. But then again, I didn't bring much, so what I made was just fine.

Of course, all of it went to Dad for payment for a cast iron foot-powered jigsaw, but I'll talk about that later.

I didn't buy much, truthfully. A nice early chair, kind of small, for $15. You can see the marks where the maker hollowed out the seat a bit for easier sitting. A copper teapot made in Holland for $8. A (very sharp) carving knife for $5. A couple of old bottles from Dad--one blue, one green. And a wool skirt to remake to fit me for $2.

But since I went to see the loom last night, I didn't get home until after 9pm, so yesterday was a really long day.

Comments

Popular Posts