Today is my birthday. I am 37 years old. I'm sure that makes my parents' feel rather old, too. :)

I had a lovely day to day. I drove to the local-ish Amish Bulk Foods store (Keims, for anyone in the neighborhood) and stocked up! On flours, and organic sugar, and sunflower seeds and spices and oats--I was out of quite a bit and needed to go so badly that I decided to go on my birthday. I also picked up some produce at the market stand nearby; it was really reasonably priced and looked good! I brought home cabbage, beets, and acorn squash*.

Then I went to Mom and Dad's to visit for a while, since both Chase and Elsa were there. I went down the road with Mom when she left to drop off Chase, and we stopped at Goodwill on the way home, since you get 50% on your birthday.

Well, I only bought a vintage picnic basket (I have one other one; I like to use them to haul stuff to shows and also to store fiber and/or yarn etc. in) and a small blue pottery dish, but we bought someone special a brand new bicycle (for $20!) and some clothes.

I would have ended up with a pair of Born clogs in my size, brand new, but the other shoe was mysteriously missing. The workers figured someone wanted to come tomorrow when everything was 50%, and they'd hid the other shoe. I personally think that's a dumb thing to do, since shoes at Goodwill (unless they are fancy shoes up front in the case) are never more than $10 and most likely $6 or $8, and the remaining clog had a price tag of $100 on it. So I did not come home with a pair of shoes, darn it all. (I looked everywhere, too. Except the bathrooms.)



*Speaking of acorn squash, Dad got me a really cool acorn squash and cabbage leaf teapot set for my birthday! It's so cute. There are two acorn squash teapots, six cups, a little acorn squash vase, and also three cabbage leaf plates. And it will go quite well with my pumpkin teapot.(Note: that's not my particular  teapot; I've had mine for almost two years.)


Comments

Popular Posts