I think I am overwhelmed. I'm trying not to be, but there's just so much stuff down the basement that I had to escape to my nice clean bedroom and tell myself "I CAN DO THIS!!" more than once yesterday. If I did yard sales, this would be an estate sale in itself.

I just have so much stuff. Fabric. Yarn. Clothes. Beads. Books I never read that I picked up at library booksales. Other things I don't use anymore, and have no need for. Impulse buys I regretted later. Stuff like that. I did a lot of impulse buying two years ago, and that landed me in my current financial straits. And you know what? Only about a handful of things were actually worth it. Everything else, I'm afraid, was not.

So it's all well and good that I bought books from Amazon.co.uk, but did I really need to? Nope. I tried to be something I'm not--a book collector. I'm not a book collector. I buy books to read, not to sit on a shelf and look pretty or just because they're valuable. I think--and I know exactly where this came from, actually--that by trying to be something I was not, I lost sight of who I really was. Actually, I'm not positive I've ever really known who I am. *g* But that goes without saying sometimes. So, along with OCS, I'm going to reevaluate that as well. And I'll post my findings here. I guess it's a self-identity thing, you know? Like, how do I see myself, what do I like, and what don't I like.... stuff like that. Might be pretty boring as I work this out. *g*

Comments

Popular Posts