More...

Took more pictures, and I'm going to post more auctions. Found some more vintage clothing to list; you wouldn't believe where I got some of this stuff. I'm starting to make a pile of fabric to sell too; I have some really... interesting fabrics. *g*

I got the beads semi-organized. Actually, except for two containers, they are pretty much done! All the beads fit in two of the smaller drawers-on-wheels. That leaves one left that is empty. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with that one. We will see.

Let's see. I've discovered a couple of things:

1. I have (or had) bargain-itis. I used to go to stores, and buy stuff just because it was cheap. Not necessarily stuff I'd use or wear, but stuff that was so dirt cheap I couldn't pass it up. I used to do this a lot at Fire Mountain Gems when they had their sales. That's how I got a bunch of ugly beads. *g*

2. I have/had too many clothes. You wouldn't believe the pile of clothes in my basement, but I'm trying my best to take pictures and post them (Hey, the only time you'll ever see me in a strapless gown--check out my auctions!) and model the ones that fit me, even though I make a horrible model.

3. I have/had too many hobbies. Enough is enough, already. We've gone over this before, but I'm not sure I actually realized how much stuff there actually is... I go down the basement and feel like I'm drowning.

4. It might--and I really don't want to say this--take me longer than one month to get this all gone and organized. Actually, it's the gone part that I think will take more than a month; I'm not getting a huge amount of bids on some of the stuff. But I will persevere. I might end up with a huge pile of stuff on auction, but at least I can have everything else organized. (At least that's the idea.)

5. I don't ever want to do this again. It's like when one of your relatives die and you're in charge of executing their estate. Now I know how my dad felt when he had to clean out my grandma's house. Eeek. And my parents are so kindly boxing up stuff from my room in Bethel for me... I think I might have gone nuts by now if I were them. :)

6. Did I mention I have too much stuff? Yes? Oh, well then. I guess I'd best be posting some more auctions, no?

More later, I'm sure. This, at least, is slightly theraputic, and I can pretend there is a sympathetic ear on the other end. *g*

Comments

Popular Posts