Star Lines

One of my favorite blogs...

Okay, well, what's my excuse this time? I ran out of time, I guess. Got home okay, started supper, it took a little longer than I thought. ended up writing two pages on the QuickPad while it was cooking, though, so okay there.

The next thing I know, it's after 8pm, I'm not feeling well, and I still have to get to the PO. So I run to the PO, notice my car needs gas, and also that we're out of milk. So I get milk, get gas, and now it's 9:30. sigh. Another evening bites the dust.

I will be SO GLAD! when I don't have to do this anymore! whimper Especially since it's snowy and cold and icky outside... Yes, I'm just complaining to hear my own voice. :)

My Ideal Workday

I wake up around 8:30am after being up until two or three in the morning. I have a nice breakfast, check my email, and sip a cup of tea while I contemplate my day. I spend the morning writing, and get, oh, 6k done. At noon, or thereabouts, I eat lunch, go down the basement to work on a doll or two, and maybe do a load of laundry or some other chore. Around 6pm, I make supper, eat, maybe watch a bit of TV with Chris, and then go upstairs to write some more. I do between 10-15k a day, easily, and have lots of time left over for other things.

This is heaven. :)

My Real Workday

I wake up at 6ish and drag myself out of bed after staying up too late the night before. I check my email, eat breakfast standing up while I'm packing our lunches (I know, I know, but making one more lunch while I have the stuff already out isn't a big deal...), and sip a cup of cold tea. I go upstairs, take a shower, get dressed, run a comb through my hair, email my WIP to myself at work, and am out the door (conceivably) by 7:10am. I get to work around 7:30am, turn on my computer, say hi, read my email, check my messages, and try to stay awake as I do increasingly boring stuff. Email from a friend brightens up my day, but that's about it. Sometimes I sneak in a bit of surfing, or writing. If no one else is in the office, I've been known to chat a bit. My lunch hour is the only bright spot in a dull day; a full hour in which to take my QuickPad and write to my heart's content. I leave at 4:30pm on the dot, and get home right around 5pm. And before I go to bed, I have to fit in cleaning, the usual household stuff, supper, hubby, crafts, and writing.

Ick. While not exactly hell, it's not fun either.

I probably won't get to write anymore before I head to bed, since I'm still not feeling quite right. So, goodnight. More tomorrow. I can't seem to stay away. :)

Comments

Popular Posts