Day 38.

Still sequeling. Did manage to take my walk yesterday. Did not, however, do much in the basement.

Here's what I'd like to know:

How can some books literally write themselves while others you have to gnash your teeth and rewrite umpteen million times?

Am I trying too hard, perhaps? That could be it. Is it because Blood and Summer is a sequel? I have (so far) all new characters except for Mordred, so that can't be it. That might be part of it, but it's not the whole problem. Hmm. Any ideas? Anyone?

I'm thinking of The Darkest Road and AbNo in particular. Two finished and sold books, Prince of Shadows and Second Coming, were also this way, but they worked out eventually. Now that I think about it, Lost in Shadows, the sequel to PoS, was another quick finish. Hmm. Interesting.

I'm still not positive this will be a novel. It has the feel of a novella or a short story, really, which will be interesting, since I really want to see it published somewhere. But I'm not going to push it, so it will be as long as it wants to be. *g*

Comments

Popular Posts