hmm. Today's Day 35, and what have I done towards my goals?

Not much. Today was pretty much a loss. I ended up reading three mystery novels and taking an hour-long nap. Hmm. I did get half the living room picked up, though, and the dishes done, so I guess it can't be deemed a total loss. Oh, I started the laundry, too. In a minute, I'm going to go down and put the next load in.

Sometimes you need lazy days. Sometimes you need to ignore every chore and curl up with a good book/s and read the day away. I'm not saying this is a good thing if you do it too often, mind you, but everyone needs a day off every once in a while. :)

I'm actually waiting for Chris to call and tell me he's on his way home. We're just having leftovers for supper, but I still like to know when I can expect him to pull in the driveway. Hmm. That reminds me. Must make bread. I don't feel like going to the store. (Yes, I'm being lazy, but geez, I have a bread machine.*)

I'm also sitting here and listening to the wind howl outside. I thought about taking a walk earlier, but then I opened the door and watched a very large branch crash to the sidewalk and thought, that could have been my head! So I stayed inside today. But I opened the windows and the doors for a bit, and enjoyed the weird weather. We were under a tornado watch, too. And I just realized it didn't rain today even though they said it was supposed to rain all day long. Hmm. Oh well. It's not like the weather people haven't been wrong before. *g*

*and now, the rant... (actually, this just occured to me, so bear with me here.) I don't like shopping. Especially for groceries. Heck, I don't like shopping at all! If I could get away with it, I'd have my milk and bread and weekly stuff delivered to my front door, I'd be ever-so-happy. I do this a lot. If I want something, and can find it on ebay cheaper, then I buy it on ebay or online. If I need a book, I don't head to the nearest B&N, I check online and more than likely order it from there. I really don't like clothes shopping either, but if I'm there, I'll do it. That's my whole thing. I feel like it's a waste of time to go out for milk and bread when I could stop on my way home from work (when I'm already in the car) or pick up other things we need at the same time. My ideal weekend is when I don't have to climb in my truck once. *g*

This isn't being lazy, it's my problem with control again. I hate being controlled, especially by inanimate objects. This is probably why I don't watch TV much anymore. I can be controlled by the things I like (and even then, sometimes, I rebel), but largely, I get out of sorts when other people or other things (and some of it is beyond my control, even) attempt to control me.

I resent the control ebay has over my life, therefore I resist posting auctions even when I know I should be posting them. I resent the fact that we have too many bills and not enough money,but I will admit that I was partly to blame for the late fees, etc. It's a circular argument, and very destructive. I've been trying to catch this particular problem as it crops up, but it's tricky.

This realization about myself isn't new, btw, since I've been trying to ferret it out. I actually got this idea about myself a month or two ago, and I've been watching it emerge and vanish ever since.

Strangely enough, I never resent having to write. That's a definite constant. I never resent reading, either, only the fact that I haven't bought a new fiction book in probably close to a year.

I resent the fact that clothes wear out, forcing me to buy new ones. *g* If they came out with a pair of jeans that were lifetime guaranteed, I'd be the first in line, believe me. I don't swing with the fashions, and I like to be comfortable. But I'd much rather shop at Goodwill than the local department store.

I'm not going to say I resent my job, because I don't--all the time. Sometimes, yes, I do. My day job takes up time I'd rather be writing, of course. But, for a day job, it's actually enjoyable, and I can't say I resent it too badly. (Especially after my raise!)

I think part of my problem Before, when I lived at home with my parents and my sisters, was that I resented having to pick them up and drive them everywhere, but deep down inside, I didn't really mind. I know, it's a stupid thing to resent, because I really didn't have to do it that often, (okay, often enough, but not as much as Mom did/does) but... I really should apologize for yelling and screaming at times. Maybe this will settle for an actual apology. (Hi, Mom, Hi, Dad!)

Anyway, that really wasn't much of a rant, was it? More of a thought for the day, I guess.

Shame I can't make milk. We need that too. Hmm. Maybe I will stop at Kroger's after all. :)

Comments

Popular Posts