I'm not dead, just busy!

I designed a new cloth doll pattern this evening. Well, I cheated; I had drawn the arm and leg pieces a looong time ago, and so I really just designed the body and the head. It's going to be a fairly simple doll, intended to be primitive style. But I'm also going to do a fairy variation with wings. Oh, boy! This is my semi-project this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get both variations finished. Since I hand sew everything, that will take some time, but oh well. I like them better handsewn.

(Oh, this is the first doll I've designed with individual fingers, too! This is going to be very fun and challenging! She's going to end up over 2 feet tall, also. That's not the biggest doll I've ever done, but close!)

Let's see. Blood and Summer is going quite well still. I haven't written yet today, since we had an all-day meeting at work, but I plan on doing a bit tonight yet in between stabbing myself with the needle. Right now, I'm trying to decide which type of thread to use. I usually use upholstery thread for dolls, because it's strong and very durable, but I'm thinking I might want to sew the hands and fingers of these dolls with my nylon clear thread (I don't like it as much, though. It breaks easily.) We will see. I'm planning for her fingers to be wired, so she can grip things, too! I will post a picture when I'm finished.

Anyway, just wanted to post an update. I'll try to write more tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts