I am not alone!

I just read an article in USA Weekend about Generation Debt--and that falls into my age group quite nicely. Ack. I didn't know it was so widespread, but you know what? It's truth. Most of the people in my generation never learned how to save money. And now we're paying for it. I really wonder if it was worth it. I can say that it wasn't for me; I'd be a much happier person if I had no credit card debt. I'm afraid I've become somewhat of a nag reminding my sisters to save their money and watch out for credit cards, but they don't really mind. I can only hope they don't do the same things I did. Argh.

(Oh, and I didn't win the lottery yesterday either, unfortunately. That would have taken care of it. *g*) But, failing that, I have to fix my own problems, and I kind of prefer it that way. It's up to me to make things work, and if that means sacrifice, so be it. I want my credit card debts gone. Actually, in my view of things, even getting a book published by a pro print publisher ranks second behind getting rid of the credit card debt. (Of course, getting a nice advance would fit in quite well with the removal of debt, so I'm still going to work that angle as well.)

Anyway. Just thought that was interesting enough to mention.

And another thing...

I've been... thinking over the past week, almost, about Zeiredan's motivations. I'm rather disappointed with her; she's a villain, but I couldn't seem to get into her head at all. I've tried and tried, but she just refused to speak to me. Until this morning. (I knew if I thought about it long enough she'd come through. They always do.) She had to have a reason to hate Orien and Cullen and Seleighe in general so much, and the "Grand tradition of the Endless War" was just not cutting it. It had to be personal, and it just wasn't personal enough.

But this morning, I had an epiphany. And although I know full well the current views about prologues, I'm writing one for AbNo. And it will tell the reader exactly why Zeiredan made it personal, and hopefully she will be a better villain because of it. Wish me luck. :)

I'm in Bethel now, sitting in the room with what seems to be one hundred clocks. Most of them aren't running right now, though, so there's just three or four ticks plus the fountain in the greenhouse burbling merrily. Dad's watering the plants, and I can smell the wet dirt; something I miss. Bekah's walking around with face stuff on, and alternates between talking to me and reading the Sunday paper. Mom's at work, and Jess is still in bed, of course. And I'm going to go get dressed and get going. Tonight I get to drive to Kentucky for a sort-of family reunion; Mom's brother (my uncle, yeah) is down from Maryland and we're going to say hello and visit for a bit. Then I get to drive back to Columbus. I can't call it home; I'm home here. And content. Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts