I'm doing an all-nighter tonight. So far, so good. I'm 2600 words into The Ninth Guest, and I have a very interesting prologue so far.

Hector VanBriggle is the villain, kind of. In the prologue, he's about eight, and he makes a decision that will haunt him the rest of his life. I really feel sorry for him. He's not at all like Clara.

But when the vampires are the good guys, so to speak, you have to have villains who would be looked upon as the good guys by certain people. And that's where things get murky. And since Jacob's best friend Ophelia is a vampire... well, we all know whose side Jacob is on.

This should be interesting. Depending on how Hector decides to act, I might allow him to redeem himself at the end of the book. We will see.

Note: There will be spoilers here, so obviously, if you want to read the book fresh, don't read my notes about it. I'll try to be kind and remember to post spoiler space, but I'm not sure I'll always remember. *g* You have been warned.

If the story keeps going the way it's going so far, I should be able to finish it by the time I leave for Florida. Yay! :)

Comments

Popular Posts