Kind of forgot it was Tuesday, so I was late for work. But that's ok, everyone else was late as well. :)

Let's see. A recap of last night:

We get the mail. I get a cancellation notice from my auto insurance saying they were cancelling because of a non-payment. I call them up, because I had sent the late payment in, and they had cashed my check. Well, I put the envelope in the mailbox on May 10, but it didn't get postmarked until May 16th, and they didn't receive it until May 22. It was due May 13.

The first lady I talked to said she would reinstate the account if I could fax a reinstatement notice to her this morning. While attempting to figure out the fax number here at the office, I accidentally hung up on her. I called right back, but she was on the phone, and the other lady I talked to said she left the first lady a message to call me, because I had to talk to that lady.

So I waited, and waited, and waited. Around 7pm (I called at 2:30-3:00) I called the insurance company back. The first lady was gone. She had not documented anything pertaining to a reinstatement on my account record. No one knew anything. So I explained what happened to the third person (Katie, I later found out) and she said she could reinstate my account if I could fax her back the form that night. By midnight, even.

Well, by that time I was pretty furious, so I took a couple of deep breaths, called a Kinkos, and gave Katie the fax number. I stormed downstairs, slammed the door behind me, and drove to Kinkos. The fax phone was ringing when I walked in the door.

The only problem was that the fax was not picking up, and nothing was printing. ARGH!!

I called Katie back and got her to try to fax it again. No go.

I was beginning to have a sneaking suspicion that fate was out to get me.

The guy at the Kinkos (incidentally, the only employee present!) said I could try the other Kinkos down the road, so I called Katie back (and listened to that irritating music yet again--I tell you I was sick and tired of telling them my birthdate by the end of the evening) and left a message with the new fax number, because she wasn't at her desk. By that time, I had gone beyond fury, and just sat back and watched the events unfold. I mean, it was like a train wreck. "Oh, let's throw a screw in the works. Cancel the car insurance, and then! Brilliant! Break the fax!!" I am due some major karma, I tell you. So anyway, I drive down the road (rather speeding a bit) to the other Kinkos. Get there. Call Katie and leave another message with the fax number just in case she didn't get the last message. Walk inside. No fax.

Grind my teeth a bit. Mutter under my breath that if I have to go to three Kinkos on my writing time, I was not going to be a happy camper. Realize I brought my Visor with me, and figure that's not all bad. :)

The fax machine rings, and rings, and rings. I finally hear the magical sound of the modem connecting. After a couple of minutes, the lady hands me the fax. (It's $1.00 to receive a fax at Kinkos. I will remember that.) I call Katie, because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to fill out on this form. She's there. I tell her I have the fax. We discuss the filling out of the form. She offers to call me back when she gets the fax from me. I accept. I fax it.

By this time, it's 9:30. I've been on the phone to my insurance company for just about two hours. Argh. I am tired, and want to go home, so I call Katie back. Surprisingly, she answers the phone, so I don't have to get transferred by anyone else. And she goes to check the fax machine and voila! We are reinstated. Yay me.

So, since Katie has been very nice (and the other two ladies should be fired, for not documenting any of this), I ask to speak to her supervisor. I think I might have scared her. :)

And I told her supervisor that Katie had done a very good job, and should be commended. Because she had, after all. She was willing to go beyond the normal call of duty (and so was I; I can imagine some people would have given up at the first Kinkos.) so I thought she needed to be complimented. I actually think the supervisor thought I intended to complain, but oh well. :)

So I went home, where Chris was watching TV and told him we had insurance again.

And then it rained. All last night. Loudly. Crashes, bangs, booms, maybe even hail; it was loud, whatever it was. So I was up every hour because of that.

I tell you; I'm due for some major karma here. Like winning the lottery or something. Sheesh. This can't go on!!

Comments

Popular Posts