You know, I wrote the first Heart's Desire novel in 15 days. Hmm. If I keep this up, at 4k a day, It would take me 25 days to have a 100k novel. Hmm. Tempting.

Anyway, I'm now at 7070 words since yesterday afternoon. I'm going to get to at least 8k before I finish tonight, maybe more, depending on the storyline.

Speaking of the storyline, it has converged. Those of you who read the "original" Heart's Desire remember that Sarah rescued Michael from the bookstore rather quickly. Well, that's not going to happen this time. He made her leave after finding out who she was.

This is actually very interesting, btw, because I know things I didn't know before, back in April of 2001 when I expanded the original Heart's Desire short story into a novel. I didn't really know why Michael was chained in the bookstore for twenty years. I didn't really know about Emle or how Althea bound the Hunt for the second time.

Now I do, and the story seems richer to me. And Sarah's helping out by being a bit more human.

Oh, she left her purse in the bookstore; did I mention that? :)

Comments

Popular Posts