Around 7:30pm last night it started getting overcast and dark again, so I rushed out to the garden to brave the humidity (ugh!) and pick what needed to be picked. I only got about half the ripe cherry tomatoes, because quite a few of them had split, but I got about 75 anyway. I also picked two cucumbers, two peppers, almost 3lbs of beans (*sigh*), three more red tomatoes, two Great White tomatoes, seven large beets, some of the swiss chard, and I dug up the volunteer potato, which netted me only two potatoes, but it was a little plant anyway. I also picked one zucchini, but it snapped off as I was picking it, so I chopped it up and put it into the freezer right away so it wouldn't go bad.

I didn't want to have to pick beans tonight, so I picked them last night, and I really only got a pound less than normal. Which could have been a handful I missed; I went through pretty quick since it was so hot and I was dying, I tell you. Dying! I also twisted wrong and now my back hurts--I didn't pull it out completely, just as much as before. Which stinks, but some asprin should remedy that, I hope.

Then I came back, had a heart attack while paying the Cingular (AT&T*) bill (someone owes me a lot of money) and didn't get to write much last night. And I had a hard time sleeping, too. Phooey. It's the on and off cycle of the air conditioner that wakes me up every five minutes until I can fall asleep enough to ignore it.



*Why did they have to change a perfectly good name?! Who cares if AT&T was more well-known?! I liked Cingular!

Comments

Popular Posts