I think Loki has decided that it's time for a nap. He was actually in a cuter position, and then when I went to snap his picture, he moved, of course.

The entry room is done. DONE! DONE!! (Well, I have to sweep and mop the floor. But I also have to do that in the laundry room and kitchen, too, but if I don't get that done today, I'm crossing the entry room off my list anyway. Sweeping and mopping can be a tomorrow job.) To my shock and surprise, once I started going through stuff, it fell together pretty nicely. I still don't have room for either of my bikes, but I'm thinking I can probably fit both of them in the dining room once it's cleaned up and organized. We'll see.

My favorite part of the clean-up is that my ceiling-high Pile 'o Boxes is gone. That corner looks so nice now, with the boxes not looming over everything, ready to collapse on someone's head. The boxes are now in the dining room, stacked fairly neatly and out of the way. In the picture below, imagine boxes stacked on top of Mabel's crate all the way to the ceiling, three deep:

Now the whole room feels more open and less cluttered!

I opened up the typewriter desk for Bekah's laptop, rearranged the desk a bit, and put her stuff on top of Mabel's crate. That way, at least it can all be contained into one place. My cigar boxes were left in place; there aren't that many of them, really, and they aren't bothering anything at the moment.

Ethan's computer is situated on the desk Dad found in the garbage, the stereo is stacked on top of the computer CPU (Blogger won't let me post that picture for some reason, and I'm not going to sit here much longer and try again and again) and all the clutter is gone. I even tossed a couple of dried gourds that I didn't need. :)

So, cool. I had every intention of working in the entry room this weekend, but I didn't think I'd get finished.

That means my weekend is open for the Great Green Room Rearranging. Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts