Lovely. I'm getting the urge to reread The Thread that Binds the Bones for the fiftieth time (not really exaggerating, here; I reread it at the very least once a year) and I can't find my copy. :(

It's somewhere, just not in easy reach at the moment. All my fiction books should upstairs in my hallway, but I sure don't see it. ARGH.

I practically know it by heart, but sometimes you just have to reread, ya know?

(I know it's time to reread when bits and pieces of the dialogue start showing up in my head at any odd moment.)

Tonight, I picked four peppers, three Turkish Orange eggplant, and four tomatoes from the garden. I'll have more cucumbers coming along in a bit, but they're still pretty small yet. And now that I've let the beans go, there's really not much to do, until the Tomato Deluge begins.

I will say, though, that the Turkish Orange eggplant are producing like crazy! I really have to chop up what I have in the fridge and freeze them.

Oh, and when I got home today, it was only 79 upstairs in my hallway! 80% humidity, but I can't have everything, can I? I turned on the fans, and now it's quite comfy. NO AIR TONIGHT! Yay! (Of course, tomorrow night isn't looking good, air-wise. There's another damned Heat Advisory for the rest of the week.)

Hopefully, my electric bill will only double, not triple. I can't see triple, since we don't have the air on during the day. But who knows?

Comments

Popular Posts