Ethan is five years old today! How time flies. And I'm serious about that--I can't believe it's been five years!

Almost four pounds of beans picked last night, four more (or five; I don't remember) Great White tomatoes (I guess these are destined for the freezer!) and 54 sweet 100 cherry tomatoes. Yikes. That means I have almost 100 of them right now; Mom had better come and pick some up today! :)

There are peppers that will be ready to pick by the end of the week, and potatoes to dig up (those last three plants finally died, although one is still hanging on) and I also picked a yellow squash. Then I went back and picked two spaghetti squash, because they were yellow and the one's vine had died. I think I picked the smaller one too soon, but the larger one was definitely ready. Oh well. We'll see.

Other than that, I might pick a Sweet Dumpling Squash for supper one night this week; we'll see how the weather cooperates, because it's supposed to be in the 90s (95 today!) for pretty much the first week and a half of August. And I have a very cute Delicata squash that is getting quite large as well. Cute! It looks like a baby striped watermelon. :)

Other than that, everything looks pretty good in the garden.

(I might have to turn the air on this evening when I get home. We'll see. I've held out so far, but it's only a matter of time before the house gets to its saturation point.)

Comments

Popular Posts