I worked in the kitchen and the laundry room today. I'm not done yet--there are still a lot of dishes to do--but I did clean out the fridge, and a lot of the dishes are from that, unfortunately.

I managed to get rid of some stuff from the shelves in the laundry room, and also decide that having a shelf of pantry stuff just isn't really working well at all. The shelves are really too deep to use as pantry shelves, and it's hard to see what we have and what we need. And also, the majority of the food we have (like the dry pasta and rice and beans) are in the kitchen anyway, so using the laundry room as a walk-in pantry really doesn't work, however nice it sounds. Keeping the big stuff, like my flour, in there, does work, since I keep it in my canning pots, but the little stuff just gets lost. And there's a lot on the shelf that is expired and needs to be tossed, too.

I couldn't figure out what to do if I took the shelf of food out and put it somewhere else. Where? The kitchen cabinets are all full. But then I thought about what would fit in a nice deep shelf, and realized that I might be able to consolidate the metal bakeware cabinet with the pots & pans cabinet, freeing up two lower cabinets and making that shelf very useful! I'm going to try it tomorrow. I'm not sure it will work, really, but it's worth a try.

Comments

Popular Posts