Oh, and just for posterity's sake: Today is the third day that I haven't had a drop of caffeine.

Not that I've given up tea. But a couple of years ago, I had this discussion with a "doctor" who insisted that I was wrong when I said caffeine did not affect me at all. He called me a liar, and told me to give it up for a couple of days and then let him know if it affected me. I think he expected me to have headaches or something; I'm not sure.

Well, when I get sick (and I can usually tell when I'm getting sick), tea doesn't taste good anymore. It tastes... sharp. Wrong. I'm not sure how to describe it. But anyway, over Monday and Tuesday, my tea tasted wrong, so I stopped drinking it. Instead, I filled my mugs with water, and drank that instead.

Well, not only have I not had headaches or caffeine withdrawl (as far as I can tell), I'm not any more tired in the morning and I've been staying up until normal times at night.

I'll say it again: Caffeine does not affect me.

And I'll probably start drinking tea again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts