Well. I went, I looked, I gasped... I could live there quite nicely. It's huge. It's lovely. It's less than a half a mile from the damned library, for crying out loud! Or maybe a half mile; it's not far at all. My criteria were: 1. Under or at $400 a month 2. Washer/Dryer hookup or onsite 3. Off-street parking 4. Large enough for my stuff

Well... It's $425 a month, has a washer and a dryer onsite (you have to pay for it, though), has off-street parking, is huuuuuge, and damn. Let me close my eyes and describe:

You walk in the door, and the living room is probably wider than ours, but a bit shorter, too. Nice and square, with a huge window in the front. The kitchen is huge compared to the one we have now, at least twice the size, with lots of cabinets, a stove and a fridge, and room for a table. Drawback: The kitchen has carpet. Who in the hell puts carpet in the kitchen?!? The kitchen also has a cabinet/pantry, nice and large. The appliances look to be newer. Electric stove.

The first bedroom is large, probably about the same size as our biggest bedroom here, or larger. It's also light and airy, with a window, and has a nice sized closet as well. The bathroom is at least 1/4 bigger than this one here, too; I didn't walk inside of it. There's a hall closet, for linens. Ceiling fans, too, in the biggest bedroom and the living room. The smaller bedroom is the one with the wall air conditioner in it, and it's probably a little smaller than our smallest bedroom. Also with a closet, nice and big. Sliding doors on the closets in the bedrooms, too. Windows in all the rooms. Carpet is beige, or off-white, and they're putting a berber-type carpet in the kitchen. (god only knows why...) I mean, haven't they ever heard of linoleum? Oh well.

Let's see. Quiet neighbors, according to the rental lady. Quiet town, really. Antique shops, and an indy bookstore. A stone library that is just lovely and breathtaking and awe-inspiring. (I did contemplate that I could, if needed, get a part-time job at the library and walk to work...) It's just... wonderful. I told her I'd call her back tomorrow. Eeeek.

Fire and Water... I'm not sure where it's going right now. I'm going to take it slow, though, until I figure it out, because while I'm very interested in everyone reactions to the first part of the book, I'm not quite sure what will happen next. And I certainly don't want it to end up cliched. I'm interested in the story, of course, but it doesn't want to rush right now, so I'm not forcing it anywhere. I'm being mellow, I guess, since the rest of my life isn't. *g*

More tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts