Okay, decision time.

I've been wrestling with this decision for months, ever since Chris and I decided to call it quits. Even that stupid song has been running through my head, Should I stay or should I go?

Meaning, in Columbus, and away from my family. Meaning, here by myself.

Yes, I could afford it. Yes, I have a "good" job. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that not only do I miss my family, I'd much rather have them close by than be all by my lonesome up here, twiddling my thumbs while Ethan grows up.

The only thing holding me to Columbus is the comfort zone of my job. That's it. I don't want to have to find another job, and that's it. That's the only sticking point.

And it's a stupid sticking point. It really is. I don't love this job; I never did. It was a means to an end. Yeah, the raise was nice, but there's no reason why I can't make just as much money somewhere else. Yeah, I like the fact that I got my seniority back and all, but there's no reason why I can't transfer all of that back if I return to Cincinnati.

There is no reason at all. If I did it once, I can damn well do it again, and lose nothing.

So I found a job. I have to overnight my resume and application, because the deadline is October 2, but it's in Clermont County, working for the county, and I'm going to go for it. It's less money, but still more than I was making sans raise. If I can transfer everything over (and there shouldn't be any reason why I can't), then I have no real reason not to move back.

And anyway, I was planning to transfer as soon as possible anyway, if I found another job down there. As I told my mom, it's kind of stupid for me to move twice in the space of a couple months, and I didn't really want to hook myself into another lease anyway.

And as Mom said, I can stay with them for a while, rent-free, and save up money. Which is what I'm going to do.

Actually, I have an ulterior motive for this. Last night, Emily called me up and told me she was thinking of moving into a place of her own. Little bells started to go off in my head. We've discussed this before, and I don't think I would mind living with my sister at all. Voila. Instant roommate. And we can work on our respective businesses together, etc., etc., and I will be happier. I already know I will be.

The first hurdle, of course, is getting the job. Well, really, the first hurdle is finishing up the auctions and then getting the job. I'm still not expecting to move until November/December, knowing the hiring processes of government, but that is, of course, if I get the job. And who knows, a better one might come along anyway.

So that's what I'm going to do. If that means staying here for a bit while I search, so be it. But I'm going to continue the auctions, and get rid of most of my credit card bills before I move anyway, I hope. I still have many, many more auctions to post anyway. I'm still not willing to pack that stuff. :)

So, wish me luck. This job is right up my alley, and I'm already crossing my fingers. And check out my auctions while you're at it. You never know. :)

Comments

Popular Posts