Ugh! Road Runner was down this morning, and I forgot to take the disk with NL on it out of my computer. So I am storyless at work today. Argh. I think I can remember where I left off... but what if Road Runner is down when I get home? Best not to try, I think.

(I will be mad if Road Runner is down when I get home. I have auctions to post, and auctions ending as well.) Argh.

--------------------

My feather pillow died two days ago.

This might not be a big deal to some of you, but I've had this feather pillow for probably close to fifteen years. (Okay, I can hear the "eeewwws" from here, but hey. If you have a good, comfy pillow, do you really want to give it up?) I've known for a while now that I would have to replace it soon; the feathers were poking out of the fabric and the binding was falling off months ago.

Two nights ago, I poked and prodded my pillow into shape and heard something fatally tear. The poor thing had died. I limped along for the past two nights, but something had to be done.

So yesterday, when we went to Meijers for the necesseties, I went to check out their prices for feather pillows. Ack! $20!! But I was in luck; they were 40% off, so I picked one up.

The new pillow is fluffier than the old one. It's going to take some getting used to. And it's rather larger as well; it almost didn't fit in the pillowcase. But at least I have a new pillow now.

I wonder if this one will last as long as the other one did. :)

-------------------------

This is going to be a long entry, I think.

Did I mention I really like my car? Possibilities keep popping up as to how useful it will be. The luggage rack will work well for Antique Shows and Fleamarkets (and moving.) The cargo room... perfect for whatever I want to haul around (like, for craft shows and ebay and suchlike...) There are little compartments for things everywhere. I think you're going to get tired of me nattering on about my car, so I will shut up now.

But talk about useful! *g*

The current goal is to have all the bills caught up (and one or two paid off) by my birthday, Oct. 14th. Along with this, I'd like to have my first car payment with extra money as well. So this means my concentration will be on auctions. Prepare to be bored by the time I'm finished.

(I'm also contemplating writing up a Ebay Turtorial-type thing for new sellers, because I have all sorts of pointers to share. But that's on the long-term goal list, or will be in a minute... okay, it's on there.)

My main reason for posting all these auctions (other than to catch up and pay off bills) is because I really don't want to have to pack all this stuff and move it. I still have boxes of books in Bethel! I mean, geez! So we'll see how the auctions go. I'd like to be down to one credit card by the time I move, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd be satisfied to be left with two.

(Incidently, one of the small ones called last night and offered to settle with me for half of what was owed. I took them up on it, so that's one down, or will be one down when the money comes out of the bank.)

Yes, a long entry. I had a lot on my mind this morning, evidently. *g*

More later, I'm sure...

Comments

Popular Posts