Today's the big clock auction in Springfield. I'm not going to spend any money of course (or if I do, it will only be a minimal amount, like $10) but I'm going to have fun nonetheless. (And drive my maybe new car... still can't believe it.)

I'm up early because I went to bed at 9pm last night, totally exhausted. And after I dreamed I had gotten up to read my list of blogs and found some weird author's page linked to one of them, and then heard someone in the house, I woke up and decided that was enough of that and decided to get up really early.

I have two things to do before Dad gets here. One of them is go to the car dealership and take the rest of my junk out of the truck (which won't take long.) The other is to hotsync the Visor with NL, so I have the option to write at the auction if I get bored (as if.)

Did I mention the payments are going to be just what I expected, too? And well within budget? My mind is still boggling.

I don't really mind HD being rejected, even, anymore. *g*

---------------------------------------

Last night:

So the Vibe has a plug in the dashboard. For a laptop, you know, or at least that's the idea. The passenger side seat folds down, and there's a flat part there that you could stick your laptop on.

We're eating supper, and Chris is flipping through the brochure. "Huh. You can plug in anything to that plug. Even appliances."

Of course the first thing that comes to mind is a toaster. *g* Hot breakfast on the go, even! (I don't think I'd actually do this, btw. But it is tempting.)

Before I can say anything, Chris goes, "And if I ever catch you plugging a toaster into that, I'll kill you. You'll get crumbs all over the ******* car." (This was not said in seriousness, btw.)

Gee. Was it on my face or something? Or does he know me that well?

But, oh boy, what a thing to be able to abuse. I can see women using their curling irons while driving down the road, yes, their toasters too... laptops, of course... that could get dangerous. I mean, people already talk on the phone/put on their makeup/eat/read/sleep while driving... why make it worse?

------------------------------

Of course, he's jealous. Of course he's going to remind me of his noble sacrifice to cosign every chance he gets. That's how he works. I'm going to make nice, though. I mean, he acted no differently when I got my raise, after all. He has pretty much lost all power to enrage me. When he gets on the 'pity me' kick, I just look sympathetic and go, "Yes, I know." a lot. It seems to work.

So far so good, though. I am letting him drive it to Cincy this evening. Of course that leaves me without a car, but I have plenty of things to do here. (Cause his is a stick shift.) So I will not suffer much. *g*

(Okay, case in point. Last night he walks around the house mumbling, "luckiest f-ing person alive."
"Hey, I don't understand it any more than you do," I said.
"It sucks! You get a new car and I get Type II diabetes* and a divorce. Sucks!"
"You have a nice truck..."
"It's a used truck."
"I don't understand it any more than you do," I say again. I refuse to get into this with him. I am not going to be party to a pity fest.
"You'd better appreciate what I'm doing for you here."
"I do." (But of course he's going to rub my nose in it from now until doomsday.)

And I do. I really do. He could be acting majorly snarly, but he's not. So far.

*Yes, he went to the doctor's and he has Type II diabetes. This is something that runs in his family, and can be controlled through diet and exercise. He called to tell me while I was in the car with my sisters, on the way to go shopping. And of course I did not react with enough melodrama "Oh, woe is him" stuff, so I obviously didn't care about him at all.

We're past that now, btw. (And of course, I look at the divorce as a major good thing. So so far, I've had two major good things and one bad (if I count HD being rejected.) All that's left (for me, at least) is for me to find a nice place to live and be able to move without much of a hassle. So, onto the next hurdle in the game of life.

So anyway... I'd better go eat breakfast before I sit here and write a book in one sitting.

Comments

Popular Posts