I met Jenny Shafer at Newport on the Levee yesterday. It was a bit smaller than I expected, but I don’t think they’re done with it yet. We went to The Bamboo Club for her birthday, and B&N, where I only spent $44, which was a record for me. (Five and a half books, too. So that works out okay money-wise.) I had a nice time, and hopefully she had a happy birthday.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind sounds like a title I would pick for one of my books. However, it’s a very good movie, even though I had to leave fifteen minutes before the end due to motion sickness. (I can’t watch home videos, OMNIMAX films, or any movies where the camera jiggles. This one was subtle; I didn’t realize what was happening until about halfway through. And it was such a good movie that I stuck it out as long as I could (a move that cost me later on when I went home with what felt like a migraine.)

I didn’t know Jim Carrey had the lead until he showed up—imagine my surprise. But he showed that he is just as capable of being in a “serious” movie as he is in a comedic role, and the rest of the cast was just as stellar. This is definitely a movie I’d love to see again, but unfortunately the camera jiggles just won’t allow me to do that.

With a bit of searching, I found the script online here, so I was able to read how it ended (if the movie stuck to the script. Some of it I didn’t recognize, but the gist was there. And it would have been a very satisfying ending.)

Definitely a good movie! Although I will admit that I was surprised to discover it had an “R” rating. It just seems that I’ve seen worse in PG-13 rated films, it seems. Maybe I haven’t. Who knows.

I didn’t get much written yesterday. However, I’ve progressed a bit today, so it’s looking good for writing when I get home this evening. (I’m watching my coworker’s house and dogs all next week, so I’m getting the lowdown tonight.) Thank goodness I don’t have anything going on Wednesday now, and I’m probably staying home on Thursday just to get some work done on NS.

I’m not going to hold my breath, but it would be nice to finish NS early, like by the end of next week. Since I won’t have internet access, it looks promising, though. I have the books I bought at B&N to keep me occupied while I’m not writing there, but not much else. So I’m going to try my best. Wish me luck.

Current wordcount: 65,775 on Day 64. Projected goal for this evening: 67,000. We’ll see.

Comments

Popular Posts